Tuesday, December 12, 2006

2 great danes vs 1 chihuahua

title says it all. that's how it felt working out with da the 3Bs (bald, burly behemoths)

and then, when i thought "wow! I get to be demo uke for once! yay! oh, how exciting" sensei throws me over his body with a kimura lock and BAM i feel like my shoulders are about to separate on the ground. kinda freaked me out. and i wake up, feeling a bit bitter with the genetics I have been born with. but sooner or later I snap out of it with a real attitude adjustment. no injury, but some hints of frustration with a close call.

2 hand grab - show the pretty picture, hitch step to outside, bend knees, outside hand bends uke arm up at 90 degrees, other hand leads to front, outside hand then catches ukes body and you project uke forward

judo style grab - one arm crosses centerline and goes over opposite elbow of uke + wraps over and snakes under to catch wrist of other hand(?), make sure uke is off balance, then drop weight, put inside knee to ground and project behind you (uke's front)

same above but with round house. entry is like close the window

same above but with clinch of inside foot against inside of uke's thigh of same side, sit down at ukes feet (away from uke's centerline) and throw over your body, follow through so you are on top of uke body and apply kimura lock

similar to above but this time, but bring weight down, and inside hand goes to uke belly (may even grab belt), apply choke on uke neck and do rear take down. gearoid showed choke where you use wrist joint and fingers to catch throat so you block airway and artery, i believe.

3 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger woodyBatts said...

I'm a bulldog?! Does that mean i'm so ugly I'm cute?

Jeannie, I used to tell Dixon, "I wanna be like you, I wanna be the demo uke," and he told me "Enjoy watching the technique" and it's really true because when you are the demo uke, at least for me, I think "what the heck is going on?" and the kimura is no joke!

But it's all part of it I guess.

More and more as we work out I am impressed at how far you have come. Working with you I really come off balance before the techinique is applied. A lot of times I'll hear you say "I didn't get the lock ( or throw)" but I hear it as I'm plummeting to the ground. So I concur with Sensei, one tough Chihuahua indeed.

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"yip, yip!"

that means, "thanks dude! i'll consider your thoughts on wanting to be a demo uke" in chihuahua-nese

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger woodyBatts said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Wait I look tough? Just kidding!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home