Thursday, April 12, 2007

April 10, 2007 Sensei Stephen

1. Kaiten-Nage
• Hitch step entering uke, rolling your arm and catching ukes wrist
• Lift the wrist up as you pivot
• Push wrist over opposite shoulder

A few weeks ago Sensei Coleman was really drilling into me the importance of entry while doing Kaiten-Nage. After trying and trying, I finally felt what I was trying to achieve. Now I say "felt", because I don't know exactly how to explain it. But after practicing it with Cari it made think that entering is more about moving past uke, yet still being with them.

Later in the technique I started to realize that one side was different then the other. It felt different, all of it. I noticed that I was looking in 2 different places. On my left ( which is the good side ) I was looking at uke's neck. The right side I was looking past uke. I think this little fumble was forcing me to correct my self after entry.

2. Yoko Guruma
• Step into them and Pivot to the side
• Drop while holding uke pulling them forward and down

The Yoko Guruma is classified as a side sacrifice, because you wind up on your back. Be sure to be perpendicular to uke, in order to prevent uke from falling on you.

Here's a video

3. Ippon Seionage counter to Ko Ouchi Gari
• Step in and clip for Ippon
• Scootch ( jujitsu term ) foot behind uke's and bend knee for kozushi
• As uke falls clip leg, revolving them onto their stomach
• Leg Lock

or

• Drop knee onto pressure point
• Step and Kick to the face

When doing this I noticed that the more committed I was, the more effective the counter can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home