Friday, October 27, 2006

October 26, Sensei Maria

1. Escape from Low pin ( Name? )
• From low pin, kick up to strike groin
• Kicking foot slides down, stomps onto foot
• Pivot drop knee onto uke's knee and strike to face.

2. Pop Over from Pull-Back Mug
• Uke pulls you back
• Step to the middle of uke's legs
• Step back to one knee, drop the other and twist

I had quite a bit of difficulty on this, I think it's mainly because of lack of coordination on my part.

3. Close the Window
• Hitch step
• Roll Shoulder
• Pivot and Drop

Deceptively simple. Personally I think this is the hardest technique I have been shown in our system.

3. Defense from Knife
• Uke places knife at your neck RAISE ARMS!
• Drop hands to trap knife hand and to move knife to your collarbone, opposite hand can be placed on crook of elbow
• Drop body to throw uke, lock up and remove the knife

4. Sankyu from Knife
• Slash from uke, trap hand, drop strike ribs and move into armpit area
• Turn and apply sankyu, remove knife
• Pivot to lock uke, drop and lock them up

Lately I have been going into class with a objective in mind. This class I didn't, and I felt like that was a mistake on my part. I felt really stiff and a bit cumbersome, but I guess that happens to everyone from time to time.

In speaking with Sensei after class, she told me not to fall so fast on Close the Window. It was interesting to hear this because I was honestly way off balance and was not exaggerating at all. I think this expresses the importance of Close the window.

Hai-yah!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home