Monday, January 08, 2007

January 7 + 8, Sensei Maria + Coleman

January 7 + 8, Sensei Maria + Coleman

1. Osoto-Gari ( from Round House )
• Step in, close the window style, tuck uke's arm into your center pulling them off balance
• Pivot hip around uke ( so your butts are touching )
• Reap
• Pull up on the sleeve for support and to control arm for pin

* Note : When reaping drive shoulder down as your leg comes up. Dixon always tells me "you're pushing me down" and I'm like "Na uh" bbut really it's true, I'm pushing him down with my body.

2. Osoto-Gari ( from Pull Back Mug to the outside )
• Uke pulls you off balance
• Pivot and place lead leg behind uke
• Pull back leg in so you are now behind uke
• Reap

* Note : When pulling your back leg in, keep your butt from pointing out, Sensei said my butt was in New Jersey.

3. Drop Knee Seionage ( From Pull Back to the Inside )
• Drop between uke's legs
• Pivot shoulder to knee to throw

2 Steps, yet super hard, especially for me because I have a gut in the way. I am also timid about landing on my knees...which of course I did. I need to get some knee pads.

4. Multiples
So Multiples is a new thing. I need to not allow myself to get frustrated. Stay in control...even if it's not working. These are things I picked up during our multiples practice :
• First person project forward
• Move first, then technique
• Move
• Move
• Did I mention move?

So for some reason I went to the gym after class and worked on my legs. Squats, Leg Press, Hack Squats, and deadlifts. I felt wrecked! Then sunday came!

I always like sunday class, but this week was exceptionally good. It was great having so many people in class. I always feel like a wrecking machine after class...meaning I am wrecked machine.

1. Jab + Punch
• Left Jab
• As you punch drop into a lunge and pivot hips for power

2. Jab + Punch + Ko Soto Gari
• Jab
• Punch to the far corner of uke ( like hand through the face )
• Sweep

*Note : Pull Uke's foot forward, do not kick it. Also keep foot-ground contact. I think this may prevent kicking the leg.

3. Jab + Punch + Tani Toshi ( Valley Drop )
• Jab
• Punch to the far corner of uke ( like hand through the face )
• Step behind uke, sweeping both feet by doing a side fall and landing on uke
• Immediately grab the side control position, knee on head and lock

4. Osoto-Garuma ( against uke's lead gaurd )
• Cross step in behind uke
• Pull Uke's hand down to the ground
• Sweep ( BOOYAH! )

* Note: Remember to drive shoulder down with sweep

5. Ko Soto Garuma
• Jab
• Punch
• Reach Leg behind uke and kick

This was a big fall!

6. Ko Soto Gari ( from front kick )
• Hitch step
• Hook kicked leg
• Shoot arm across uke
• Sweep standing leg

* Note on Ukemi : I kept falling on my elbow, which is very painful. Dixon said I was slapping too high and need to keep it closer. Like Night and day! Thanks Dixon!

7. Irimi - Osoto Garuma ( from Punch to the face )
• Push hand away
• Shoot hand up and over uke and you enter
• Reap

During this technique Gearoid caught me in the calf with his heel. Let me tell you I am walking like an 80 year old today. Picture a leg cramp that doesn't go away...it's something like that. Urgh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home