Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday Sensei Maria

1. Uke Pulldown ( is there another name? )
Hitch Step to enter, as you enter place non-lead hand against uke's shoulder, keep elbow tucked down. As you wrap around uke place other hand on opposite shoulder, pivot and drop.

Sempai Adi pointed out 2 important things to me.
1.) Stay connected to Uke
2.) Keep elbows tucked in
I guess for this technique isn't as much as a pulldown, as it is a let down because when uke is off balance they seem to rely on you holding them for balance.

2. Uke Pulldown Failure into Ippon
In the situation that the pulldown fails ( uke will naturally rotate ) enter into Ippon and throw.

In my quest for the ultimate ippon 2 special notes :
1.) Keep your head up, by looking down it feels like there is a bit of added stress on the lower back & you fall on uke.
2. Serendipity... So I just got this judo book form amazon.com and i've only skimmed through it, but as i fell on Sensei Steve I realized "Oh this is how you get into Kesa gatame the rest of the night I stated to look at how I could drop into Kesa gatame, or an arm bar. I just started looking.

3. Uki-goshi, Floating Hip Drop
I love, love, love this technique. After I learned that I can grab onto tori for support on my breakfall I love it even more.

Kick to the inside of leg, as uke moves rush in simultaneously pointing lead foot in the direction of throw and clipping uke's forward arm. Pull in backfoot perpendicular to lead foot, load onto hip, pivot and drop.

4. Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi, Lifting Puling Ankle Block
From push, pivot and lead uke's arm away from themselves, place lead side foot against uke's ankle trapping the foot, look away and spin body to pull uke into the fall.

Awesome throw, packs a lot of power in a very effortless feeling throw.

5. Sparring
1. With Adi - The last time I sparred with Adi, I felt, much like with Dixon, that I was too reactionary, so I tried to be as assertive as possible, while keeping my hands up. By the end I was already winded and Adi was like "okay, what next"...I really need more endurance.

2. With Sensei Stephen - So from walking from Adi to Sensei Steve, my whole game changed. I became nervous, and intimidated. But in all I think I handled myself okay, I need to stay relaxed, and keep my hands up. I took a shot from a kick, but this is a very good thing. Getting hit makes me realize "hey i'm not made out of glass" it also makes me reflect "why did I get hit."

3. With Jenny - Jenny ran backwards around me. I became very dizzy. So I just tried to predict where she would be and slowly widdle away at her. I don't think it worked. She smiled the whole time. :)

6. Great quote
Adi - "If you don't move I'm just gonna kick you harder"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home