Monday, May 22, 2006

ATTACK: pushing from behind - take weapon

1st ex/
pushed from behind by uke
- didn't resist, rise or lose balance when pushed
- let push move us forward while staying in balance

2nd ex/
- let push swing body around
so you ended behind uke

3rd ex/
- take closest/inside hand to uke and wipe uke face for take down

4th ex/
take forward roll and get up in defensive stance

>>>
ground lock detail:
if uke has weapon in hand with palm facing down, sensei maria showed to put your
arm perpendicular over uke elbow
(whose arm is flat and stretched out on ground)
and then lift arm at wrist
pain causes uke to let go of weapon
>>>

2 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Blogger Adi Zukerman said...

I find overheads extremely difficult. On my test I think I got "cut" by the knife twice from them. But technically you should be able to do almost any technique against them that you can with a straight punch. I think when I was training for my yellow belt I tried to do kotegashi and katanage

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so that is 2 more techniques for backhand -
kotogaeshi 10
garuma nage

will ask barbara for this, then

 

Post a Comment

<< Home