Friday, August 01, 2008

I've found my hips!

It took me two years but I've found my hips! As it turns out they were just beneath my belly all along!

In this last month I've been told that its time to stop leaving my hips behind, so I've focused on bringing them forward. Actually the best time to work on this was during stretching exercises. As I would stretch my wrists I would bring my hips forward in an exaggerated fashion. After a few weeks I noticed that it was having an effect on my techniques as well. I am not used to that kind of posture and for the whole month, I've felt wobbly as if I was always on the brink of falling forward when I push my hips forward.

It's probably going to take me a long time to figure out where and when I want to angle my hips, but at least I know what I'm trying to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home