Sunday, January 15, 2006

Oh my head.

It's easier to tuck chin and keep it tucked when I know when I'm being thrown. But when a sempai goes for a fast take down, I notice my head goes all over the place. Gotta tuck the chin.

1. Uke pushes with both hands. Take a small step to side (to shigadachi?) Hands in prayer position, then one up, one down= lead hand leads uke into roll by pulling out/down on one elbow. Secondary, following hand catches other uke elbow and lifts. Tertiary = ankle block.
See video
2. Tiger lock of ankle = make fist ontop of wrist. Turning the fist hurts ankle tendon. Squeezing foot close to chest breaks metatarsals which is primary damage.
See video for arm
See video for ankle

3. Sensei said to focus more/doing more on uke than inward eye/intellect.

4. Boom boom sweep. The rolling of shoulder should not put any force downward through uke feet. Sempai Cari mentioned let your hands flow like water and I was amazed how little effort/energy was needed to take uke off balance.

5. Foot sweeps should be light and quick and not in big wide circle. Sempai barbara pointed how sweeps to be powered by hip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home